Wednesday 18 April 2007

Scooped (or rather Bitten) again!

Once again, Brian Switek of Laelaps and Mike Ryan of Palaeoblog have beaten me to the punch on reporting on a recent publication that suggests the first tetrapods were able to bite their prey (rather then suck their food up).

Reference: Markey, M.J. and Marshall, C. R. 2007. Terrestrial-style feeding in a very early aquatic tetrapod is supported by evidence from experimental analysis of suture morphology Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. Early Edition on April 16 2007.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw... well the next time I see a tetrapod story, I'll wait an extra day so you can get the jump on it; you probably can do better service to what is actually being discussed than I can.

Sarda Sahney said...

Not at all, I appreciate the collaborative effort, that's what makes the blogosphere so great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the add on DinoBase! I consider it an honor; when I started my blog I had no idea it would get the attention it has been receiving, so I am definitely happy to be included. Thanks!

Malacoda said...

Sarda you already saw this at SVP in October last year. Don't you remember anything?